College Magazine
To act as a reference for the magazine, I looked into the features of a college magazine first. The only college magazine that was nationwide instead of only applying to a local campus was "College Magazine." It informs readers of different events going on around a variety of colleges, it gives students advice on their academic and social lives, and offers students opportunities to apply for contests. Like "Dragonfly," this magazine is also published quarterly. "College Magazine" also includes mentions of celebrities and pop culture, but what makes "Dragonfly" different from that is that "Dragonfly" is exclusively for college girls.
The house style is fairly plain. The font of the magazine title is plain and bold, and the styles of the headlines and the pugs as well. The mode of address is the model smiling at you, and some of the puffs have rhetorical questions or colloquial language to appeal to the average college student. "College Magazine" does not rely on many buzzwords to grab the attention of the reader.
I plan for the font and style of Dragonfly to be more elegant instead of making it look like an academic magazine like "College Magazine" does. I also plan for the models to be exclusively female because "Dragonfly" is for teenage girls. However, the content of the magazine will be similar to "Dragonfly." I plan for the magazine to have pop culture, college story mentions, and academic advice, but I plan to try to avoid the college aspect outweighing the teen-girl magazine aspect. College magazine is solely college based, and I do not wish for the readers of "Dragonfly" to feel that college is interfering with their entertainment when they read the magazine.
The house style is fairly plain. The font of the magazine title is plain and bold, and the styles of the headlines and the pugs as well. The mode of address is the model smiling at you, and some of the puffs have rhetorical questions or colloquial language to appeal to the average college student. "College Magazine" does not rely on many buzzwords to grab the attention of the reader.

I plan for the font and style of Dragonfly to be more elegant instead of making it look like an academic magazine like "College Magazine" does. I also plan for the models to be exclusively female because "Dragonfly" is for teenage girls. However, the content of the magazine will be similar to "Dragonfly." I plan for the magazine to have pop culture, college story mentions, and academic advice, but I plan to try to avoid the college aspect outweighing the teen-girl magazine aspect. College magazine is solely college based, and I do not wish for the readers of "Dragonfly" to feel that college is interfering with their entertainment when they read the magazine.
Comments
Post a Comment