Editing the Cover Page

Now that I added Nicole's photo to the cover page, I had to change the colors I originally had. The brown did not compliment the red on Nicole's sweater, or the masthead. The yellow was barely visible. So, I decided to stay with only red and orange, which corresponded well with the masthead and Nicole's picture.

I also had to slightly edit the image because the white background was too bright for some of the puffs. I lessened the brightness of the photo slightly to make the words contrast better. I also added a vignette effect to the photo to not only allow the words to pop, but to also add a dramatic effect to Nicole's photo. I also had to change the font of the subheading of each puff as well as the sub headline because the default font, Monsterrat light, did not seem fitting for a magazine; it was plain and unnoticeable. I changed the font to Aileron Regular italicized the font to make the words bolder.


Comments