Magazine Cover Photo


This was the first idea I had for Nicole's photo shoot. As we were selecting makeup and jewelry to wear, I resolved that her closet would be a perfect, simple background that would make it appear as if Nicole was getting a professional photo taken. I sat her in a chair in front of the closet and found that the picture was too dark. To fix this, I put a lamp right next to her and stood away from the lamp so my shadow would not be in the photo.

I had Nicole turn her head to the side so that her makeup highlights were visible in the light. I also wanted her bun to be visible to give her a professional appearance. I had Nicole pose with her hands visible so that the ring she was wearing could be seen. I wanted her bronze makeup, red sweater, and gold ring to resemble autumn colors.

Comments