Media Shot Types
Before I started planning what kind of pictures to take, I stopped to review what I learned in class about the different photography shot types. In class we had a packet that helped us distinguish these shot types. Long shot types are usually intended to establish a scene or a relationship between the subject and the scene. Medium shots are more personal and intimate with the subject. Close shots make the subject the only thing to focus on in the shot. It focuses on one part of the subject, most of the time it focuses on the face.
Long Shot Medium Shot Close Shot

I am familiar with the different shot types because of the photography project we did in class. In this project, we had to gather three pictures for each shot type. We then had to make a PowerPoint of all our gathered photos and present it to the class. For each shot type, we had to explain why we took this photo and what emotion it was intended to convey. This project prepared me to be able to be cognizant of the details and choices involved in taking a picture as well as improve my ability to explain why I made these choices.
Long Shot Medium Shot Close Shot
I am familiar with the different shot types because of the photography project we did in class. In this project, we had to gather three pictures for each shot type. We then had to make a PowerPoint of all our gathered photos and present it to the class. For each shot type, we had to explain why we took this photo and what emotion it was intended to convey. This project prepared me to be able to be cognizant of the details and choices involved in taking a picture as well as improve my ability to explain why I made these choices.
Comments
Post a Comment