Picture Day (at school)

In class, we were allowed to take our pictures on campus for our magazine. I took advantage of this opportunity when the people in my group headed out to take pictures. I asked if the people in my group wanted to model in a picture for me, and they agreed to do so. I requested the day before that they wear sweatshirts to convey an autumn look while also mimicking how college students dress. One of them even brought a coffee cup to reinforce that idea.

I had them sit at the picnic tables outside the cafeteria because it is less distracting than the other parts of campus, while it is still a believable place that college students would be. Instead of having them pose, I asked them to face each other and talk among themselves while smiling. After they started conversation, they looked more natural and less forced. Some of them even started doing hand motions as they spoke. I took advantage of this and took a picture of them with one of my teammate's phones because they had the portrait mode feature. This allows for the background to be more blurred, which directs the focus on the subjects.

The picture I took was a medium shot. The subjects are seen from the chest up and the background is still noticeable.


Comments