Table of Contents

Before I designed the table of contents page itself, I wrote a list of the stories I might use on a word document. The goal was to come up with at least 12 story ideas to feature in the table of contents. I took note of autumn-related themes I have seen on social media ads and commercials to brainstorm trend-related stories to appeal to the "young adult" related theme of the magazine. To appeal to the "college-life" aspect of the magazine, I added the mention of midterm advice, because October and November is around the time college students take their midterms, and the mention of sororities, to emphasize that the magazine is meant for a female audience.



I then began to design the table of contents. I put a sentence description under each title while still maintaining the tone of a magazine for young adults. I had to cut the number of stories featured on the table of contents to ten so I could be able to make the font larger and bolder to make it easier to read. To make the magazine's theme more fall-related, I made the background red and highlighted small elements with orange. I also put the three stories featured in the puffs on the cover on the top of the page to reiterate what was on the cover page.

Comments